HTC One X: 3.14.707.24 (Android 4.1.1 and HTC Sense 4+) OTA available in Malaysia

At last, the long awaited Jelly Bean for HTC One X, firmware number 3.14.707.24 is here! Mine available while checking software update on 27th November 2012. It is a massive update (364.56MB) that been talked about since few months ago, that comes with Google Now, Project Butter, few bugs fix, Android version 4.1.1 and HTC Sense 4+.

There is a small software update patch available on the same day (3:56am 27th November 2012), before the firmware 3.14.707.24 available, i just install it and 3.14.707.24 is then available. The small patch detail as below:

Name: Software Update
Version: v4.0.475679
File Size: 1.25MB

I have it update by OTA using Wi-Fi on 4:00am, 27th November 2012. To update it manually, go to “Settings”–>”About”–>”Software updates”. Update Detail as below:

Country: Malaysia
Telco: DIGI
File Size: 364.56 MB
Connection: Wi-Fi
OTA Update Duration: 55 minutes (4MB Streamyx connection)
Previous System: 2.17.707.3
Current System: 3.14.707.24

According to the official, the system software update about:

• Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
  • HTC Sense 4+
  • Enhanced User Interfacewith better performance in Camera
  • New landing page and Event/Map view in Gallery
  • Power management improvement
  • Here are some noticeable improvements from my observation:

• Google Now available through pressing “Home Button” for 2 seconds (update “Google search” from Play Store to use Google Now)
  • Project Butter makes the interface snappier than before, 60 fps deliver fluid experience
  • Notification enhancement, ex: thumbnail display, power saver
  • Few more apps pre-installed: Play Music, Music, HTC Media Link HD
  • app drawer enhancement, ex: numbers of new email received will display beside mail icon.
  • Minor tweak on HTC Camera user interface, ex: self portrait countdown
  • Customizable gallery views, ex: more location related, clouds integrated
  • Sightseeing mode – launch the camera app, press power button into stand-by mode, press power button again and it will by-pass lock screen and bring you to camera interface for immediate shooting.
  • Comments (28)

Fascinating! I only bought my HTC One X this week and just found your Blog. Its still 26 November here, so you are obviously a few hours ahead of us, so its like looking into the future! I think your phone must have a slightly different layout to mine – I have the AT and T version – as under “About” , the nearest menu is Software Information, rather than “Software Update”, which is such a shame, as would have loved to be able to perform this update! Any ideas? xx Elaine -(based in the UK)

B3ar

Dear Elaine, no worry. This update just started rolling out weeks ago from Asia. UK users will be receiving it very soon, your phone will automatically prompt an update message box to inform.

Mine is international unlocked version, Elaine’s HTC One X is locked version, that maybe the cause of exclude “Software update” in menu.

5 years ago

Oh I see. Shame though as it is supposedly “unlocked”, but as its AT * T branded it won’t be factory unlocked. At least , from what you say, I won’t miss out! Am amazed you are awake as you were apparently posting this in the middle of your night anyway, yet you still managed an instant reply! Wow! Thank you! xx

B3ar

Dear Elaine, you are so welcome. i’m sure you’ll enjoy the update soon. Lots of improvements in it.

I’ve learned you are a great photographer from Reel Life Photos website. Nice meeting you here. 🙂

5 years ago

Oh thank you! I love travelling all over the world for wonderful people’s weddings too, so you never know… xx

B3ar

Wow! over the world, you are so cool! 😀

5 years ago

Oh thank you! This year have photographed weddings in Pakistan, Nigeria, Gambia and France, and in previous years have twice covered weddings in Australia and the Ice Hotel in Sweden, as well as a Coptic Orthodox wedding in Egypt, a Bedouin wedding in Jordan, a Château in France, a chapel wedding in Tenerife,in a Castle in Southern Ireland, and a beach wedding in the Seychelles. I love travelling and meeting people from different cultures all over the world, so am very lucky! xx

B3ar

Waow! That is a lot of countries. Never went to those place before. Great for u.

Sebastian Tan

Thanks for the info! I have a small question, does the annoying “3 dots”menu on screen button is back??

Eckqnour Ereqqa

hello… I’ve just updated my htc one x this morning to the same version as yours. but just want to know, are you experiencing the same problem as mine? i can’t open the usb mass storage with my computer from my phone.. it shows mtp or something like camera icon… can you plz help me coz i can’t transfer files, music or even pictures like before as there is no mass storage… Thank you… 🙂

B3ar

Dear Eckqnour Ereqqa, thanks for bringing this up. I never realized HTC switched to MTP for the update Android 4.1.

As far as i know, 2 things you need to be able to copy file again,
      i) newer Windows Media Player : “Media Transfer Protocol (commonly referred to as MTP) is part of the “Windows Media” framework and thus closely related to Windows Media Player. Support for Media Transfer Protocol in Windows XP requires the installation of Windows Media Player 10 or Windows Media Player 11.”

ii) HTC Driver: which included while installing later HTC Sync Manager.

Aditya Alta

Hi, I’ve just updated my HTC One X international version few hours ago and now I realize that the transition animation on the apps screen is missing. You know, usually there’s some cubical animation (similar to one you’ll find on the home screen) when swiping from one tab to another, but now it’s gone. Also, on the home screen, I noticed that the wallpaper stayed motionless when I swiped from one home screen to another. Did you experience the same problems? Thanks. 😀

B3ar

Hi there Aditya Alta, you are looking into that level of details. Checked it, it is the same as yours! Thank you for mentioning! 🙂

Perhaps they want to reduce resource as much as possible. I also find the phone get hitting up pretty fast.

Aditya Alta

Some say that’s part of Sense 4+ designed to make the phone operate more smoothly and fast without using much RAM. But in fact I don’t see any glaring difference with the new Sense nor Project Butter. Instead, some widget, like the music widget, occasionally loads for music while there’s no such thing on the previous update. Did you notice it too? Does “hitting up” mean “getting hot more easily”? Thanks for the response. 🙂

B3ar

yeah, just saw that there is a Google music widget as you mentioned. Yes, it easily heat up.

Woody

Dear Master, I noticed that after upgrade one i plug into PC it cant choose to be like external HDD. Can anyone teach me to do so? Last time before upgrade it have this function.

B3ar

Bro, same case to Samsung s3. Our one x device change to mtp too. The external hdd alike plug and play is long gone now.

Woody

So this mean the page like; have a choice of “CHARGE ONLY”, “DISK DRIVE”, ‘HTC sync management’, ‘usb tethering’ and ‘internet pass-through’ is not ther, right? Then how can i take out my photos and other documents inside? How to use it like a pendrive?

B3ar

Disk drive and HTC sync mgmt will be excepted on those that u mentioned above. You can still accesss internal storage through MTP which works pretty much the same like “DISK DRIVE” mode, but with the requirement of newer Windows Media Player (ver 10 or ver 11).

5 years ago

i hope they fix the MTP tingy back to the old mass storage 🙁 its
    annoying..was so exicted over da JB update and now…pffftt

kampungtoys

totally agree with you, Praveena. The MTP truly a pain in the…, but thats the trend for recent Android phones.

5 years ago

hi … am facing some problems with the new update …am from libya and yesterday i updated my htc one x to 4.1.1 ..4+ but my software number is 3.14.163.27 not the one that ur talking abt 3.14.707 …. and i also facing some problems when i open the Bluetooth then when i wanna go to the music or the gallery it stay 4 one secone then it Disappears right away …i don’t know what to do i kinda need the previous update or a solution for this problems …..thx

5 years ago

SJ, the software numbers is because of different region we’re in. The issue about Bluetooth does not appear in my HTC one x. You might need to report the bugvto HTC and contact HTC support for technical help. To roll back previous android 4.0.4, you need to flash the rom.