(Image Source: mountaintorq.com)
Mountain Torq management provides 2 via Ferrata activities, Low’s Peak Circuit and Walk The Torq on UNESCO World Heritage site, Mountain Kinabalu in Sabah. After done the usual mid-night 2.30am route to the top and finish the sun rise show on Low’s Peak (top of mt. kk), this via Ferrata offer 2 alternative routes to descend instead of the same path that hiked up on mid-night.
It is recommend to choose the full set Low’s Peak Circuit which is longer path, consume a little more time, but full of excellent views and get experience of walking amongst the clouds.
Some of the Low’s Peak Circuit info as below:
My Experience on Low’s Peak Circuit
- There are 2 offices: one at KK park and another at Pendan Hut laban rata
- If you already take the Walk The Torq package, it can be upgrade by adding RM 160 right at Laban Rata, Pendant Hut office depends on number of crowds.
- A team will consist not more than 6 person includes a mountain guide, one participator will be the captain that walked as first and the mountain guide will be the last member.
- The activity starting point nearby the peak start from 7.30am morning and ending point at Laban Rata
- Faster descent to Laban Rata the better, especially when the clouds gathering and hinting to rain, speed up or to face more difficulty while rain. This is my second time to visit Mt. KK, May 2009 and April 2012, with total of four afternoons, the possibility of afternoon rain is 80% from 12:30pm to 6.00 pm.
- Therefore, it is ideal to finish up the via Ferrata activity not later by 12.30pm noon.
- It is a very safe and enjoy activity, just make sure you trained both upper body strength and legs so you can enjoy instead of suffer.c
- The KK Park office closed on 5pm, collect certificate and remember to buy a Mountain Torq T-shirt before it closed.
- Time recorded for each route,
– 3h 55m ascent to Laban Rata
– 2h 40m ascent to Low’s Peak
– 5h 30m descent via Ferrata
– 2h 20m descent from Laban Rata
Mountain Torq information
Important Information: http://www.mountaintorq.com/important-information
Main office Address:
Mountain Torq Sdn Bhd
Unit 3-36 Asia City Complex
3rd FloorJalan Asia City,
88000 Kota Kinabalu,
Telephone: +60 88 268 126
Office hours: Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm (GMT+8)