Images is a must for wordpress, it can help to avoid dull, create eye friendly and more colourful website. Purchasing high end photo editing tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Xara Designer and CorelDRAW will cost a lot. Normal user might not able to fully utilize it and it will be a waste on money. Here are all the free Photo editing, organise and web storage that i use for my WordPress blog.
a) Screen Capture (by Google) for Google Chrome Browser
An alternative way from default print-screen function of your keyboard “Prt Scr“. Screen Capture (by Google) can capture the whole screen or within browser, With the Options as below:
– Capture Page Region
– Capture Visible Content
– Capture Whole Page
– Capture Screen Region
It allows simple editing such as adding text, lines, redact or highlight to emphasize your content. You can save it as .PNG image into computer hard drive or share(upload) it to Picasa Web, Facebook or Sina Microblog.
To install on Chrome browser, click: Screen Capture (by Google)
b) Picasa (by Google)
Picasa can be divided in to two, which is PC software and Web Album. As below:
– an image organizer and image viewer software for organizing and editing digital photos.
– Most the Basic Photo Editing features are available in Picasa, read it here: Edits and effects
ii) Picasa Web Album: https://picasaweb.google.com/home
– a free 1 GB photo sharing web site from Google, often compared to Flickr and similar sites
– You can upload photos on it and shares it on your blog or website, it load up very fast.
Picasa Software and Picasa Web Album are integrated, for examples:
– Edit Web Album’s photos with Picasa and upload, without needing to care about image link
– Ex: when you are done with editing on Picasa, upload the image to Web Album and the image on your blog will automatically become the edited image.
Read out more on the official guide here: Picasa and Picasa Web Albums
As stated in official site, “An Open Source vector graphics editor, with capabilities similar to Illustrator, CorelDraw, or Xara X, using the W3C standard Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) file format.
Inkscape supports many advanced SVG features (markers, clones, alpha blending, etc.) and great care is taken in designing a streamlined interface. It is very easy to edit nodes, perform complex path operations, trace bitmaps and much more.”
This is a free software that available for anyone, it support multiple operating that includes Windows, Linux and Mac OS. I use Inkscape for images work such as rage comic and internet meme rework, you can find example here: http://goo.gl/O9MlI